We accept payment via credit card over the phone or cash upon delivery. If paying cash, a credit card must be given to secure the rental reservation and authorize for damages. The kayak or paddle board will be delivered and picked up curb side to the residential address you provide. Free delivery and pick up in the Destin, Miramar Beach, Sandestin, 30A, and Okaloosa Island areas. You must sign a liability waiver as well as the responsibility for damage/loss agreement.
Yes, active or retired military will receive 10% off of their reservations or tours.
Each kayak rental includes (1) paddle, (1) life jacket, and (1) whistle/sound device per seat. If you would need a dolly or EZ Straps for transporting equipment please request and make reservation for this at the time you order.
Life jackets (PFDs) for youth & small children, additional paddles, noise makers are provided and MUST be on the craft when on the water, waterproof clothing, boots-sandals-slippers, gloves, eyewear, sunblock, GoPro or waterproof digital camera, cell phone, DRY BAG or dry phone case.
- Check weather, tides, surf, and water conditions.
- Be aware of and respect the areas flag system for monitoring rip tide conditions.
- Leave a detailed float plan with family or friends.
- Charge electronic devices and store in waterproof containers prior to launching. Kayak hatches are not completely waterproof and are not intended to store electronics.
- Inspect kayaks, accessories, and vehicle mounts before and after kayaking.
- Adjust life jackets and paddle lanyards prior to launching. Wear your PFD at all times on the water.
- Stretch! This activity can require you to get physical, warm up and be ready to paddle!
Depending on the hull thickness, design, and total length, most of our kayaks weigh between 30-50 pounds with some up to 75+ pounds without any gear on them.
Kayaks are typically transported using car top carriers, truck beds, or the back of a large SUV. For an additional fee, we can provide EZ Straps to assist strapping your rental equipment to your vehicle and kayak dollies for transporting kayaks to the beach as well. You must request and reserve these items ahead of time.
The gulf is a great place to kayak, especially since you never know what you are going to see swimming by. There are several boat launches locally in the bay that provide excellent fishing and sightseeing. While kayaking in the waters around Destin, you will likely encountered lots of marine life including dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, sting rays, and lots of fish.
There is a very large variety of fish species locally. Near the beach you will most likely catch mackerel, bluefish, ladyfish, hardtails, with pompano and redfish making appearances throughout the year. There is some structure not too far from the beach where you can catch amberjack, snapper, flounder, and a variety of other reef fish.